A little side project...

Recently I've been looking into different techniques, and new products...perhaps not necessary new to the 'crafting' world, but definitely new to me. I've been creating cards, and scrapbook pages for awhile, but I tend to use the same colours or the same tools or paints. My very own comfort zone for crafting. So...a little side project, one where I will hopefully surprise myself with what I can create. 

An A to Z techniques project.
I guess like any project I will need some rules...lets use the word 'guidelines' instead. 

1. Create something that demonstrates a different craft technique, card making material, or scrapbooking products. 
2. No limitation in what you can create - cards, scrapbooking pages, artist trading cards, tags, etc. (After all I want to be able to leave my comfort zone.)
3. Start with the letter A, follow the alphabet through to Z
4. Do not skip letters (though if there are other opportunities through ATC swaps or challenges that allow you to create something different - take it!)
5. Letters can be repeated several times before moving on to the next letter.
6. Time frame. Complete by the end of this year. (Exploring new techniques requires spending money to buy new products, so I'm going to take my time with this...remember its a 'side' project).

So...starting with A.


A is for...alcohol ink!


Luckily for me I've joined several groups that have monthly ATC swaps. Meaning, I will have plenty of opportunities to explore different techniques. With my new alcohol inks that I bought the other day and the theme of butterfly, I created this!






An alcohol inked background on glossy paper. Embossed stamp (papermania), as well as embossed border. Quote: "let your dreams take flight". 

Now technique wise I used my blending tool and with a few drops of alcohol ink used the dabbing technique. I do however, feel like I need to play some more with this ink so stay tuned...I want to do some smooshing and spattering! 


I've also entered this into the anything but a card challenge.

Happy Crafting!

 Samantha

Comments

  1. Good on you for stretching yourself, will watch with interest. I, too, have been dabbling in alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!