B is for...

BROWN!

So my last ATC theme for this month was masculine. This was a HUGE challenge for me, as it took almost 2 weeks for me to even come up with an idea, and even then it wasn't much of an idea, but rather a colour : brown! 

Brown...

Brown...

I don't even like how it sounds!

So...I decided to wait...hoping  that something else for this theme would pop into my head, but nothing...

Now you're probably thinking: "what's wrong with brown?". There isn't anything wrong with the colour. It's just a colour I normally wouldn't even think of using! Give me pinks, purples, reds even blues but not brown!!!

So I decided to go with it and make 'brown' my 'b' word (even though its not really a technique) for my little side project. I created something completely out of my comfort zone and I am still not sure how I feel about it...

Here are the finished ATC:






I had to buy some brown card stock to match Teresa Collins Vintage Finds: flower paper (reverse side) that I had for this project. I also had to add 'vintage photo' and 'antique linen' distress inks to my collection. The stamp is from Paperbag Studio.

Overall, this ATC was fun to create. I love the chevrons and that aged look I've created using Tim Holtz distress inks. It's something different, and I hope to get more opportunities to create  more projects like this. Thanks Tamara at Aussie Scrapper Society - it was a great challenge for me.  


Happy Crafting!

 Samantha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)