This month's (first but not last) Artist Trading Card...

This months ATC theme from KJ's Crafty Corner is monochrome. We could pick any colour but had to mat it on black. So I of course chose RED!!!

Though I have a ridiculous stash of red card stock and patterned paper I went with a simple idea and created my own background with a sizzix embossing folder and tim holtz ink pad (barn door). My original idea incorporated red glitter, but in the end didn't seem to impress me so that idea was scrapped.

Most of my ATC have a quote or word on it so I only found it fitting to use the word inspiRED!

Here is the finished ATC:




These were fun to create. I just love this circle pattern embossing folder. Also, there was something about using the blending tool in a round circular motion to get just the right colours with the embossed and debossed areas that I found very relaxing. 

Before I finish up with today's post I want to mention that Fresh Squeezed Stamps are searching for Design Team Members and I have decided to apply. One of my goals for this year is to be part of a Design Team, and Fresh Squeezed Stamps are rather cute and I'd love to be able to play and create with their products! Will keep you posted and thanks for stopping by.


Happy Crafting!

 Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!