Another Masking Tutorial!

As promised I wanted to share another quick photo tutorial. Again using a mask this time with a stencil! This is such a great simple technique - and I do love getting the most out of my inks!

So I made two cards using a stencil (Kaisercraft) and Distress Inks - Blueprint Sketch, Tumbled Glass, and Salty Ocean.



I first cut some white card stock (canson) slightly larger than my rectangle die (My Little Paper World - Rectangle Nesting Die - TRIBAL).


I taped it down to my craft mat.


Taped my stencil, where I wanted the pattern to go.


Then I covered the top part (above the stencil) with white printing paper, taped this down. To make sure that I only got distress ink where I wanted the ink to go!
Note: I've made many mistakes thinking that I could sponge the ink neatly and not get it everywhere!!!
I've come to terms with the fact that I am a messy crafter who needs to take these extra precautions.


I started with the lightest colour - Tumbled Glass on top. Blended the ink using a blending tool.


Then blended the darkest on the bottom - Blueprint Sketch.


Finished with Salty Ocean (middle) that blended the colours all together!
The best part is then removing the masks and stencil to see the final result.
Make sure (if your accident prone to making a mess) that your hands are clean and dry when admiring what you've created.

Here are the finished cards:



Stamp set used: April Unity Sentiment Kit - ...thanks above and beyond. 
Cards entered into Unity Challenge.


Also BIG news - I will be releasing two new die designs, available to buy in JULY! Head on over to My Little Paper Worlds Facebook group to get the first sneak peek!

Today was Day 1 of the BIG reveal! 




Come and say hello - tell me what you think? MLPW Facebook Group

Happy Crafting!

Samantha



To purchase MLPW - dies please email: mylittlepaperworld.enquiry@gmail.com or send me a private message through My Little Paper World's Facebook Group for a invoice (PayPal). 

Comments

  1. Hi Samantha, I saw your card on the Unity FB group and I was blown away by the border dies..How can i get my hands on them? You can find me via my blog. http://hamnmuledesigns.blogspot.com - Cx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)