Awesome News! I'm designing for...

Hooray! I'm designing for Craftie Cafe!

I was super excited when I got the email and I'm so happy to be part of this team to showcase some of the awesome craft products that they stock.

This is my first blog post for this design team - the theme: Mother's Day!

This year will be my 4th year personally celebrating as a 'mummy'. I'm hoping I will get my first handmade card from my 4 year old who started kindy this year. For those that don't know I am a mum of three. So far...I've been a little too busy (doing mummy stuff) to celebrate previous mothers days (and they're too little to make me breakfast in bed!) but I've always made the time to create a special card for my own mum - who (especially this year) has been super helpful.

I made this card using Waffle Flowers Leafy stamp and coordinating die set. Below you will find a slideshow video of instructions and a supplies list with links to the products used to make this card.



Happy Mother's Day Slideshow Tutorial



Since I was experimenting with shades of grey ink on kraft card my original card (below) shows an example that you should always wait for the ink to dry before proceeding with the card. The next day when I had time to work on it a little more I noticed the grey was a lot lighter than the day before. It still gives it a nice shadow effect but it is really important to make that swatch and to let it dry completely!



Here is a list of supplies used to create both cards.


Supplies Used:


Other:

Tape Runner 
Scissors/Paper Trimmer 
Bazzill – Kraft 
KaiserCard – Ivory 
Light Pink, Grey Cardstock 
Prismacolor Pencils - PC928 PC938 PC956 
MISTI 
Neutral Twine 
Gold Washi Tape 
Simon Says Stamp Ink - FOG (Card#2)
Wink of Stella – Clear 



Craftie Cafe stock a lovely range of Waffle Flower Craft stamps and dies, and as they're one of my favourite brands to play with you will see a lot more inspiration using these stamps soon!


Happy Crafting!


Samantha
Entered into SSS Wednesday Challege: Showers and/or Flowers

Comments

  1. hello! this is an adorable card, luv the sweet design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)