Craftie Café: A WPlus9 Wedding Card + Video

I’m back sharing a few cards I made for Craftie Café. Though it may not be wedding season here in Australia, it is in many other parts of the world – hence a whole bunch of really beautiful flower stamps and dies currently available.

So I’ve made a few wedding themed (congratulatory/best wishes) cards to add to my stash for those special moments where I really don’t need to be rushing to create a card. The first card I made is very simple whilst the other two cards require a little more time. But this card series is a great way for me to share how I generally start creating. The first card is a single layer card and probably my go-to design for cards in terms of layout. I pretty much stamp a small area to see what it will look like – colour choices, medium choices, card focal point are decided here. If I have more time (which is an amazing event with three kids under 5) then I like to challenge myself by adding more to the layout of the card. In the video I share how this was done. The last card is even more complex, adding an additional layer – I even thought it would look great as a bi-fold (barn door) type of card but alas I ran out of time!
Below you will find a supplies list (with links) as well as a video on how these cards were made. I went for WPlus9 stamps and dies this time – they have (had) an awesome release recently and Craftie Café also grabbed some of their older releases that have been on my wishlist for ages including the WPlus9 – Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus stamp I use in this card.







Supplies Used:

Other:

Tape Runner
Multi Matte Medium
3d Foam Tape
Craft Knife/Craft Mat
Versafine Black Onyx Ink
Wink of Stella – GL. Silver 102, GL. Dark Pink 027, Clear
Zig Brush Pens – 063,046
Waterbrush Pen
Scissors/Paper Trimmer/Tweezers
Ranger Watercolour Paper
My Little Paper World Sequins








The below card is an additional card I made using the sentiment that the WPlus9 – Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus came with. 




I really wish there was a way to capture how glittery these cards are. Perfect for weddings or anyone who like sparkly things!


Happy Crafting!
Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many Friday's till Christmas?

Vrrrrrrooom...

Unity - April 2017 Kit of the Month (plus video)