Craftie Café: Wplus9 Encouraging Words.

I’m back again sharing a whole bunch of cards that I made for Craftie Café! The theme this month is graduation but I couldn’t pass up this WPlus9 stamp set – Encouraging words. So these cards are probably more pre-graduation… something I’d give to someone about to take their exams or even about to have their first job/interview. Either way – they’re very empowering cards meant to encourage a person in whatever they need to achieve.

I’ve also been meaning to make a rainbow series of cards– everyone seems to be jumping on this colour scheme and there are a few ways to achieve this look – I’ve used distress inks and simple repetitive stamping but I’ve seen a few cards where these colours have been blended using a blending tool and also love the look of this technique. Certainly a technique I wish to explore more. These cards are bright and colourful – and rainbows seemed appropriate for this type of card.

Below you will find a list of supplies (with links) used to make these cards, along with a super quick video tutorial on how to create the first card below.


Supplies List

Craftie Café


Other:

Tape Runner/3D Foam Tape
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Neenah White Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Altenew Inks – Limestone, Silver Stone
Distress Ink – Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin, Sq. Lemonade, Mowed Lawn,
Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet
Wow Embossing Powder – White
Heat gun
Versa mark Ink
Clear Stamp Block
Cuttlebug

Video



In the video I shared how I created a background using the mountain image from Encouraging Words stamp set (Wplus9) but it gives you a pretty good idea on how I then make the following cards below using the stamps from this set and repetitive stamping.



The card below is my favourite – it certainly wasn’t intended to be used this way but I love that it is such an odd shape, asymmetrical and yet it still stamped really nicely to fit on the card.


 And...because I couldn't stop at just four cards...here are a few more ideas on repetitive stamping using this stamp set.





Anyways that’s all for today’s blog post. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube account if you wish to watch more card tutorials from me. Craftie Café is now on YouTube – so go and check them out too!   

Craftie Cafe

Thanks for stopping by! 


Happy Crafting! 

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)