Craftie Cafe: Vroom Vroom PARTY!

Today’s blog is all about PARTIES!

A couple of weeks ago my little man turned 5!  Tears put aside….(where on Earth did those 5 years go!)... I had a party to get ready for! Now…I always create my own invitations – I use word to create my own layout (though there are a few really nice invite stamps available) and I always add a stamping element to them. This time I used Taylored Expressions: Vroom Vroom – because both my boys love anything car/motor/vehicle related and BONUS it has a little ‘5’ on the car! Double BONUS: The second car happens to have a ‘3’ on it and guess who has a third birthday in October!

I first decided to stamp the car in red (red cars go fast!) – I was pretty excited, I had to show them to my boys and the first thing he said to me was “you can’t have red wheels they need to be black…” Back to the drawing board – masking paper! 

So I created a quick little masking tutorial – which I hope will inspire you to get creative with stamp sets similar to this. I know a few times I’ve not purchased a stamp set because it doesn’t appear as versatile as others or I’m limited by ideas…

Here is the finished invitation:
(for privacy I’ve edited out my contact details…)



Check out the video tutorial! I’ve also added a few additional ‘car” party theme ideas below using the same stamp set and technique.   

VIDEO

LOOT BAGS



Matching Birthday Card

To create this card - I used the same masking technique (seen in the video) to create the cars using red, yellow and green ink. I repeatitively stamped the 'Vroom Vroom' sentiment to create the background using grey ink then added the half circle (heat embossed) sentiment. The cars are added to the card using 3D foam tape.


SUPPLIES LIST:
Craftie Café
Martha Steward – Mini Scoring Board
Lawn Fawn Inks – Lobster, Black Licorice, Jalapeno, Sunflower.

Other
Tape Runner/3D Foam Tape
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Neenah White Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Light Grey Cardstock
Wow Embossing Powder - White
Spellbinder – Star Nesting Dies
Clear Stamp Block
Heat Tool/Versamark
Altenew – Silver Stone ink
Cuttlebug
Mini-pegs



So glad you can stop by – have a wonderful day!

Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!