Craftie Café: WPlus9 – A Banner Baby Card

I’m back again for Craftie Café – sharing my second lot of baby themed cards. These cards use WPlus9 – Banner Love stamp & the sentiments are from WPlus9 – Happy Gang both currently in stock.

I decided that I wanted to create a fun textural element to these cards – recently I’ve been machine sewing on my cards but before I had a sewing machine I hand stitched quite a bit. It’s been ages since I’ve done this and I thought it would be the perfect touch to these banner cards…

Here are the cards:


I decided to create one card on white and a second card on Kraft – these cards could be tailored to suit any colour really and if you changed up the sentiments you could very easily turn these in to birthday or congratulation card.




To create these cards I started by stamping the banners using Lawn Fawn ink (Fish Tank/Mermaid) on white card. Next, I fussy cut them out, then used re-positional tape to temporarily adhered them to my card front. I then drew a faint line (in pencil) to give me an idea on where my stitch holes needed to be placed so that I could then stamp my sentiments.

The sentiment placement was a little fiddly – I personally would recommend using the Tim Holtz - stamping platform (or equivalent) to eliminate stamping errors, but I basically curved each of the sentiments (slightly) so that they followed the drawn-in line. I then made all the little holes for the hand stitching (using a prick tool) and did a simple back stitch using blue embroidery thread. I finished each line with a bow on either side that I tied and adhered to the card with a glue dot.

***Remembering that the banners aren’t permanently adhered to card. I adhered them using 3D foam tape and embellished the card with some enamel dots. I finished the card by matting it to a blue card base.

Here is the same card, in PINK!





Supplies Used:

Craftie Cafe

Other:
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Neenah White Cardstock/Kraft Card
Pink/Blue Card
Embroidery Thread
Versamark Ink – Black Onyx
Enamel dots
My Little Paper World – Rectangle Nesting Die TRIBAL 
Clear Stamp Block
Cuttlebug
Tape Runner



Which do you prefer? White? Or Kraft? Let me know your preference in the comments. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!

Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)