Craftie Cafe: It's a jungle out there...

So…Craftie Café’s theme this month is summer – which aside from being my favourite season of the year also happens to have endless possibilities in terms of card ideas! I thought sea (water, seagulls, beach, sand, sun, & hats) which then moved to sea animals (fish, whales, & dolphins). I then thought ice-cream and fruit…which…then lead me to BANANA’S (my son’s favourite fruit!) which quickly reared off course to Jungle Safari and MONKEY’S!!!

Yup – that’s how my crafty brain works!

I used Wplus9 – Whimsy Alphas and Eline’s Monkey die (by Marianne Designs) to create these fun bright and interactive cards (their heads wobble).





I also happened to video the card process – which you can view below. I speed it up quite a bit during the stamping of the background as that part is quite repetitive.


Below are two more card examples – using the same process but creating different background sentiments. I don’t use my alphabet stamps enough – but having a few stamp sets like this one allows you to create whatever sentiment you want!!

I am bananas for you.


Hip Hip Hooray

 
Supplies Used:




Lawn Fawn Inks – Celery, Jalapeno, Sunflower, Plastic Flamingo


Other:

Tape Runner
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
White Cardstock
Green Cardstock
Brown/Cream Cardstock
Cuttlebug
Versafine – Onyx Black


Another thing I love about alphabet stamps is that you can also customise the inside of your cards! I decided to play a little with additional sentiments that would work well with the front of each card. Check them out below – and hope this inspires you to get creative with your own stash of alphabet stamps (that we all seem to forget about!)





Happy Crafting!
Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!