Elizabeth Craft Designs: Jungle Cuties

Hello - Today I am sharing a card I created using a stamp by Elizabeth Craft Designs called Jungle Cuties. I've had this stamp for awhile and I specifically wanted it for the elephant but I'm really into monkeys at the moment -so... Ta-dah we have another monkey card... 

I really wanted to get my copics out too - I don't colour enough, I really enjoy it though so I've made a decision to colour more in 2018. I love the designs in this stamp set - the images are simple enough to colour and its always nice when you already have the copic markers that work well with a design. I have a lot of greens and quite a few browns so I wasn't pondering over colour combos which I sometimes feel is half the challenge when you don't have all the markers and lots of gaps in between.

Here is the card:



I started off by colouring the stamped images. I used my silhouette to cut them out and then I put them aside to work on the card front. This stamp didn't have any sentiments - and I don't really have any jungle appropriate themed sentiment stamps in my stash so I decided to make my own and print it out. Swinging by...to say hello! seemed to match this swinging monkey perfectly. Once printed, I used a MFT cloud stencil and distress ink -  tumbled glass to blend a very light cloud background. I added a machine stitched line to the top and then carefully arranged my leaves and monkey finishing the card off with some green sequins.

Here is another card using the same process above, changing the sentiment to Happy Birthday PARTY ANIMAL! 




Thanks for stopping by - I will have a few more cards to share using this stamp set soon, I've already coloured the elephants... :) 

Happy Crafting!

Samantha


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)