Craftie Cafe: Scream! It's Your Birthday!

It’s that time of year where I seem to be entering the 'birthday' season. I’m even writing this after I spent the afternoon celebrating a 4 year old's birthday party and I’m pretty sure hers is the start of many…including my own three children who will be celebrating their special day a few months apart from each other…

So with lots of little kids’ parties on the horizon it’s time to smash out some kid themed birthday cards! Here is what I’ve come up with (for Craftie Café) using MFT – Monster Sized stamp/die set.
The monsters were stamped, coloured (with Copics) and die-cut out before I put them aside to work on my background. The background was cut out strips of corrugated card mixed with black and white strips of card that I had run through an embossing folder (or two) before sewing them back together to create a fun textural effect. I then heat embossed the sentiments in white on black card and assembled my card as shown in the photo above. I used the star shaped die within this set to help finish this card. I think the silver stars worked really well instead of using them with the co-ordinating star stamp.



I’ll be back again soon sharing another fun way to use this stamp set and adding to my card stash now that birthday season is upon us…

Happy Crafting!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)