I have a little confession...I am addicted to...

Have I mentioned that I am addicted to stencils...and stamps...but oh! how I L.O.V.E stencils!

I have my own little stash which seems to keep growing and growing. Recently I purchased this Prima 6" x 6" stencil called 'Floral' and with it created this card.



I enjoyed playing with this stencil and some water colour paint (Koh-I-Noor Watercolour Discs) so much that I made a couple more using different colours.This time with a birthday theme to add to my 'just in case' 'OMG' I forgot your birthday - quick! grab a card stash... 




Now...I thought I'd take a little time in todays blog to talk about the Koh-I-Noor Watercolour Discs. This was a new purchase I bought recently. The owner of the art shop I go to knows that I am a big fan of highly pigmented colours. So he recommended this product and I am so glad I bought them. They come in a 12 or 24 pack and have a ink-like intensity. I bought the 12 pack for under $15.00 and I think the colours pulsate with vibrancy. But be warned, if you don't wash your hands straight away they do stain and apparently don't come off for a few days... 

For these cards I also used water colour paper which was recommended, though I haven't tried what the watercolour would do on plain card stock. Watercolour paper reduces the absorption of the paint into the paper, which is what you want to do so that the pigments remain on the surface and the colours remain brilliant.  

Anyway... that's it for now. Stay tuned for more artistic creativity, as today I bought some comic books...

Intrigued? 


Happy Crafting!

 Samantha

Comments

  1. They look great Sam :)
    Masks are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stencil cards and water colouring, great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab cards!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox this week, hope we'll see you again next fortnight.
    Hugs,
    Linda
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)