Craftie Cafe: Rainbow Card Series – Card #2

Welcome back!

All month I’ve been playing around with 7 ink pads to create rainbow coloured cards. To be specific I’ve been using Distress Inks - Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin, Sq. Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet to create cards like the one below – which I shared for Craftie Café two weeks ago. (See previous blog post here).

This time I decided to co-ordinate rainbow coloured card stock to create this card using Waffle Flower Congrats die. I also used the co-ordinating stamp set to create a little more interest in the background as well as add a little more to the congrats (die) sentiment. This stamp set has so many options in terms of sentiments – graduation, baby, wedding, birthday!  Since Craftie Café are promoting the graduation theme this month it was easy to go with the sentiment ‘you did it’ – it works perfectly with the  word congrats and it fit nicely in the bottom right corner of the card!


I also managed to video the process – so feel free to view the tutorial below along with the full supplies list (with links). It took quite a long time to create this card as there is a bit of repetition so I edited enough out for you to get a general idea (but feel free to skip ahead if you need to - especially for the adhering part!).





There is a lot of glueing (sticky stuff!) in this card! I used a glue pen for part of it but I also used a product I bought recently from Craftie Cafe called Die-cut &Bond from a brand called Ultimate Crafts. Let me just say – as sticky as both the glue pen and this product designed for die-cutting was, the die-cut & Bond  was a lot quicker to use – especially as there were so many die-cut words to glue together. When using the pen you need to work really quickly otherwise the bond isn’t permanent (which you notice later when bits are falling off your card!) – so I quite like the Ultimate Crafts product, especially for intricate dies like the one I used to make this card.

Anyways…on to the video – if you would like to view more tutorials from me you can subscribe to my YouTube channel here.

Video


 Supplies List:


Craftie Café
Other
Tape Runner/Glue Pen
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Neenah White Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Coloured Cardstock – red, orange, yellow, green,
 light blue, dark blue, purple.
Altenew Inks – Limestone, SilverStone
Distress Ink- Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin, Sq. Lemonade, Mowed Lawm,
Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet
Enamel Dots
Clear Stamp Block
Cuttlebug
Versafine – Black Onyx Ink
Wink of Stella - clear



Thanks for stopping by!


Happy Crafting!

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)