Ink Road Stamps: Dear Santa...

Hoping to inspire you with some fun cards I very recently created using Ink Road Stamps latest releases -  Happy Holla Days as well as my favourite alphabet stamp set - Block Party. Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love the sentiments that come with this stamp set and I could have quite easily coloured in my Santa's and added any one of those sayings - but the one thing I've noticed in my craft stash (and I'm sure I am not the only one) is a large collection of unused (mint condition) alphabet stamps!!! So today I'm hoping that these cards will inspire you to grab those Block Party stamps and start creating your own sentiments - because the possibilities are endless.



When I got these stamps and saw the Santa image I knew I had to partner it with this sentiment.  I first started by creating my background - which is a simple (yet long and tedious) masking technique using masking paper (or a post-it note if that's all you have).  I decided to leave Santa black and white because I knew the block party letters would be bright, bold and central. I wanted your eyes to be drawn to the sentiment first rather then the background. 

Next I stamped my letters. I went tradition Christmas colours picked two shades of red and three shades of green (Altenew inks and some Gina K inks - for those who want specifics...)  and pretty much just randomly stamp the colours trying to avoid stamping the next letter in the same colour. The next part is why I love absolutely love these alphabet stamps - not only can I play around with colours but I can then use Block Party Alphas - Outline and add a nice defined outline (you could even mix and match them!) Fussy cut them out or for those (like me) who have a silhouette or cutting machine - use it as there are a few letters to cut out. I finished the card by embellishing it with three glittery stars.

The second card I just changed up the sentiment - Dear Santa....Define Good?



Can you think of any other fun sentiments? Get masking, get stamping and create some fun sentiments for your cards.  You could even personalise your cards by adding names (Example: Samantha, Santa says you've been....GOOD! )

Happy Crafting!

Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!