Elizabeth Craft Designs: Smile...I Love You (Joset January Release)

When I got this sentiments die set from the Elizabeth Craft Designs new January release, I knew exactly what I wanted to create with it. These cards are all about repetitive die cutting, which is a tedious and long process - completely worth it though (I think!). 

I wanted to create a few cards with a sentiment that would reveal another sentiment as your eyes read through the card. So for my first card I used the word 'smile' repeatedly until you finally then read: 'I love you'. 

Card 1: Smile. I Love You.



I first started by die-cutting the 'smile' word in five colours: Pale Peach, Pink Peach, Buttercream, Silver Grey and Pewter

A little tip: I adhered Elizabeth Craft Designs: Clear Double Sided Adhesive 5"x12" to the back of each card stock which quickened the process of adhering each word to the card front...its sticky stuff but well worth your time and effort to apply before hand so that your not using a glue pen to stick each word down. 

I then die-cut the words 'i love you' in silver glitter card stock and again 3x in white. This was then adhered together to create dimension on the card (see below). 

After all the die-cutting was completed it was a process of placing them down, making sure to avoid repeating colours. Any letters that were hanging off the card front was trimmed off and the card front was adhered to a card base (using the same card as the die-cut words). I finished each card with a few enamel dots and twine. 

Below are a few more examples using the same technique.

Card 2: Friends...Forever, Always.

Card 3: Happy Birthday, Let's Celebrate.

ECD Supplies used:

Modascrap: Dashing Rectangles
Joset: Words 1 -Celebration
Joset: Words 2 - Thinking of you
Joset: Words 4 - Remember
Soft Finish Cardstock - White / Sampler set 1 (Vintage)
Clear Double Sided Adhesive: 12"x5"

Other: 
Enamel Dots
Twine
Glue pen
Silver Glitter Cardstock
Paper Trimmer
Cuttlebug


You can check out other projects the Elizabeth Craft Designs team have created - here.

Happy Crafting!


Comments

  1. I love all the words in the background! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used and admire your patience in making this gorgeous card. Thank You for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add a Sentiment Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)