Craftie Cafe: Happy Valentine's Day

It’s February! So no surprise many of my cards are themed around love, romance and Valentine’s day! I personally don’t celebrate this day anymore – my anniversary is a week later so any lovey dovey romantic dates get pushed to that weekend but it’s probably one of my favourite themes in terms of card making!

I love pinks and purples (again no surprise!) but for today’s card I picked two Lawn Fawn inks from Craftie Café to add to my pink and purple colour scheme and I love how the yellow and peach break up all the pink and purple I used. I’m using Waffle Flowers – Little Gifts Alphas (stamp), Holiday Words (Die), Stitched Hearts (Die). All Supplies are listed below.


Here is the card:



Video


Once the first card was created I really wanted to create a full background using the Little Gifts Alphas…this took almost 3 hours to complete (as I like to use my MISTI or Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to double stamp and get a good impression with the ink). I sometimes wonder why I have these impulse urges to create backgrounds I know will take ages to complete but I’m always happy with the results – so I guess it’s worth it.

Here is my second card:



SUPPLIES LIST

Craftie Café:

Lawn Fawn Ink – Peach Fuzz, Peachy Keen, Ballet Slippers, Plastic Flamingo, Sugarplum

Other:

Tape Runner/3D Foam Tape 
Scissors/Paper Trimmer 
Neenah White Cardstock 
Cardstock 
Silver Glitter paper/Corrugated Card 
Cuttlebug 
Purple Embroidery Thread/Needle 
Sequins 
MISTI


Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow. Happy Crafting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)