Elizabeth Craft Designs: Surprise! Happy Birthday Els Blog Hop!

Surprise! Happy Birthday Els Blog Hop

It's Els van de Burgt's birthday and what better way to celebrate then to celebrate with a surprise Birthday Blog Hop with the Elizabeth Crafts Design Team! Happy Birthday Els!

Here is my birthday card for you:
This card was created using Elizabeth Craft Designs Floral Background stamp. I don't use my background stamps enough and I love when I get an opportunity to colour and use my copics. So for my card today I decided to create a spotlight card. Colouring in only a section of the card and leaving the rest as is - simply stamped in grey ink. 

After the card front was stamped I restamped the image using black ink on a copic friendly card that I had die-cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs - Stitched Fishtails. This section was coloured in. Before I assembled my card together I added twine to the top of my fish tail and elevated it using foam tape. I also die-cut my card front using Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dashing Rectangles die and adhered this to a cardbase. Of course it wouldn't be completed without some glitter and sequins. I also added extra interest by applying glossy accents to small areas of the flowers.

Supplies Used:

Kids Choice Glue

Other:
Copic Markers
Copic Friendly Card
Grey Cardstock
Twine
Sequins
MISTI
3d Foam Tape/Glue Dot
Paper Trimmer
Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella - Clear

We hope you will join us in making Els birthday special, by dropping by our Elizabeth Craft Designs Family Facebook Group and wishing her a happy birthday! 

To celebrate Els' birthday, Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving out a gift when you place an order over $25 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs web site. You will receive 10 sheets of stickers with every purchase over $25This special promotion applies to all orders placed from today Thursday 15th March until the end of day on Monday 19th March.

The hop started at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog, so if you just happened to hop onto my blog you might like to head back to there first so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

Well now it is time to leave my blog as you continue along our birthday hop. Your next stop is to the talented Christine Pooler. Don’t forget to pop on over to our Elizabeth Craft Designs Family Facebook Group too to wish Els a happy birthday!

Here is the complete blog hop list if you need it.

Samantha Klaebe <You are here>

Happy Crafting!

Comments

  1. love your spotlight coloring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamp ...makes a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a very cool effect! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. I like that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Love how you spotlighted part of the stamped image by colouring it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever design Samantha and your card is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty Love how you did this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring, love the spotlight idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)