Jane's Doodle's: Unicorn's & Rainbows

Today I have six cards to share with you...that's right SIX! It may feel a little 'it's been done before' but I really couldn't help but pair this Jane's Doodle - Unicorn set with rainbows...

Here is the first card:
I coloured the unicorns with my Copic markers - keeping to the rainbow colour scheme. They were cut out using my silhouette cameo, along with the clouds and stars in this stamp set. I've used a number of dies to create the background. The rainbow is My Favourite Things. The tiny stars, hearts and bows are Avery Elle. The BIG cloud is a Mama Elephant die. I also added a slider die - this one comes from Lawn Fawn.

As you can see in the photo below I also added a few extra 'bits' to add dimension and texture to this card. I've used a lot of glitter! Glitter paper, chunky glitter (Unicorns wings and Clouds), glitter pen, and Stickles -Gold (Unicorns horn). I used glossy accents for the cloud and stars. Added My Little Paper World sequins and though it's a little hard to notice the big cloud was die-cut using white felt. Oh!...and of course I machine stitched the border...
The next two cards use the same ideas and techniques involved as the first. If anything I wanted to see how I could create a few different layouts using the Unicorn and rainbow theme.



The card below was an attempt to use up as much of the 'waste' (from the rainbow die) that was produced from making the first card.  


Now if your wondering how I then came up with another three cards you can blame the strong urge to not waste any glitter paper! Again, I had cut quite a few stars, bows, clouds, diamonds (from the Avery Elle die set). So I had to used them! Unfortunately, what then happened was I'd run out half way through a card and die-cut some more...you can see where this is going right?


The card below is my favourite. Glittery rainbow stars falling from a cloud.  


Here is the last card that used the rest rest of the glittery die cut pieces:



This is the second time I've created cards using unicorn themed stamps (and rainbows). I absolutely love that I created very different cards each time. I've actually had Jane's Doodle stamp set for awhile - but Craftie Cafe recently started stocking them and it also happened to pop up a few times over the month of April on Instagram. So I'm glad I could come up with a few ideas, put my own flair into them and create six fun glittery rainbow unicorn cards...

Available to purchase from:

Which one is your favourite?
Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!